Saturday, July 19, 2008

My day

So, today was a pretty good day in most respects. First of all, I wore a pair of walking shorts today that I bought several months ago as an incentive to lose more weight. When I bought them, I could get them up and over my hips, but could barely button and zip them. Today, they fit well! So that was a huge lift.

Steve and I went out for dinner tonight to Cracker Barrel -- good food and good company, so it was great.

Physically, I've still got a lot of different things going on. I have a very painful boil under my arm that first came up the week of July 4th. It got really bad on the long weekend, and I finally had Steve help me squeeze out some of the gook inside it. Talk about painful........ Anyway, after that, it went down and pretty much stopped hurting. Until a couple days ago, when it came back with a vengeance. UGH and OUCH! Went to the doctor yesterday and got an antibiotic for it, so I hope it will go away for good...it still hurts really bad for now, though.

My finger joint has been pretty painful today. I had such high hopes from the steroid dose pack. It worked really well for the week that I took it and for several days after, but I think the effect is pretty much gone. My finger looks just as swollen now as it ever did, and the pain is back, big time... I hate that.

The energy issues seem to be better, I think due to the cod liver oil. I can really tell a difference when I take it. So I've ordered a couple more bottles and will continue with it. It's so funny, a girl I work with saw the brown bottle on my desk and said, "What's in your 'Little House on the Prairie' bottle?" It does sort of look like an old-timey tonic...

Speaking of "old-timey," I just ordered some "black drawing salve" from this website. It's such a great website for vitamins, cod liver oil, supplements -- and at great prices. Anyway, a lady at work told me about the old fashioned black drawing salve that her mom used when she was a child and how effectively it worked on boils - to draw out the infection and help it to heal. I looked for it locally but couldn't find any. But of course, it is on the internet...isn't the world wide web a wonderful thing?

Oh, I almost forgot, I made some soup this morning. (I know, I know...it's July in the Delta...and nearly 100 degrees out there...what can I say? I'm crazy.) It just sounded good. I always shred and freeze the leftovers when I cook a roast in the crockpot (along with the juices) - they make the best base for a beef/vegetable soup. Anyway, I chopped up some garlic and onion, added some shredded carrots and chopped celery -- cooked that awhile in a little EVOO, then added my shredded roast and juices. Added a can of diced tomatoes and 1/2 head of cabbage sliced thin. Oh and my leftover sauteed yellow squash from the other night. Let it simmer for a little while, and ... soup! So, that will be lunch several days next week along with a side salad.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */