Sunday, April 12, 2009

A quiet Sunday evening

I’m sitting here on a quiet Sunday evening in my big recliner with my laptop, window open just a little, enjoying a cool breeze. It rained earlier and will rain again tonight, but it’s not at the moment. Boxes and crates are piled up next to the chair and in front of the rolltop desk that sits in our living room. We’ve packed about a dozen large boxes/crates this weekend and have a lot more to go.

Boots, my sweet and skittish kitty, is not at all happy about the addition of all these boxes and all the activity surrounding them. He knows something is up and hates change. In fact, change scares him to death. (I sort of know how he must feel.) I probably won’t be able to find Boots for about a week after we get him moved into the new house.

Chance, on the other hand, has been a little hyper (more than usual), which is his typical reaction to any sort of hoopla. He loves any and all activity and will love our new house. He will love his new yard and sniffing all the new smells out there and will love putting his scent on top of all those smells. It's a dog thing.

Here are shots of both of them tonight. Boots is sitting on his kitty perch with his nose stuck under the window sill. Chance’s is a little blurry, but it’s hard to pin down a moving target…


1 comment:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

you make no mention of it, but I have to assume you are deeply involved in organizing just where the furniture will go once you get to the new place. Wen I moved I spent hours measuring all the rooms in the new place, then rushing back home and measuring my furniture and drawing up floor plans showing the placement of the furniture----was a fun project, a nice diversion from all the dreary sort and pack action that also has to be done.

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */