Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cleaning the refrigerator ... ugh!

So I’ve been busy today cleaning the fridge. And I mean taking the drawers out, cleaning inside the little grooves and rubber gasket thingies all around it, scrubbing down the shelves and door compartments, etc. Deep cleaning. And you know? For someone who felt reasonably good about her housekeeping abilities (not anywhere near perfect, mind you, but not living in a pigsty either) – this is a shock. My refrigerator was disgusting! “Eeeeeuuuwwww” is the first word that comes to mind. It has taken repeated, and I mean repeated, spraying and scrubbing to get it clean. Sheesh……..how long has it been since I deep cleaned the fridge? I mean, besides just swiping it down? Hmmmmmmmmm….. Well, Bush was in the White House, although I couldn’t swear it was his second term. Sad, isn't it? …so sad.

Packing continues. Good Lord, where did all this stuff come from and how did we have it all inside this small house?

My eating has been clean this week. Low carb, plenty of protein and the majority of my carbs coming from low-starch veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, greens, cabbage, green beans, etc. We’ve got a busy, busy ten days coming up, and I hope I can keep this kind of eating throughout the moving and settling-in process.

5 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

what?? you gotta clean the refrigerators on the inside too? (well live and learn---I swear!!)

Patty said...

Thank you for that ... I needed that belly laugh.

DAR said...

I was just talking to Hubby about getting rid of stuff today. I was thinking about you moving and how I would be in big trouble if it was me!

But I'd love to wiggle my nose and be in your new house! I love that place! 8+)

Patty said...

Yep, that's how it feels ... like I'm in big trouble. :-)

We did get a lot accomplished yesterday, though, so I t-h-i-n-k I may be starting to see just the least little glimmer of light at the end of this tunnel...

Vikki said...

I hate cleaning the ridge almost as bad ad taking the stove apart to clean it. But the fridge gets so nasty. I don't even know how all that stuff manages to find it's way into every nook and cranny.
I hope your now all moved in, most things in their place and enjoying the new digs
Hugs,
Vikki

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */