Monday, April 20, 2009

I've been busy!

It’s been a nice evening. I made roasted chicken leg/thigh quarters and turnip greens…very tasty and low carb. I’m back on the wagon, so to speak, and trying to do better with my eating. Things are in a state of disarray and upheaval here at home, with packing boxes and crates up to our eyeballs. I hate the mess and feeling of chaos, but I know it’s an inescapable part of the moving process.

I’ve been calling all the people and companies who need to have our new address: utility company, internet provider, homeowners insurance, satellite company, newspaper, bank, and on and on… It’s a long list!

We’re getting really, really excited. Two weeks from tomorrow we will spend the first night in our new house. Remember Jeannie (“I Dream of Jeannie”)? Wish I could blink and we would be all moved in and settled!

Here's a shot of my azaleas blooming.

3 comments:

DAR said...

Only 2 weeks! Before you know it, those 2 weeks will have gone by and you'll be settling into your beautiful new home...

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

TIME MARCHES ON----it will only seem like forever for the two weeks to pass----but then the good fun starts. (lol)(ohh don't forget to update your new address with the DMV, and make sure your registered to vote!!!) (we can't fix STUPID, but we can vote em out!)

Patty said...

Gary, THANK YOU for the reminder to change my address with the election commission. You're so right, and I have quite a few I want to vote out!


Dar, I think there's just too much left to do in only two weeks! I'm getting nervous that I won't get it all done.

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */