Monday, January 12, 2009

Lovely news!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! (Did anyone else watch Ren and Stimpy back in the early 90s?) Loved them.

But anyway. I had my “official” weigh-in this morning and Glory Be, I’m down by 3.5 pounds in the last week.

Now, I’m not letting myself say the old “it’s probably water weight, I shouldn’t get too excited…blah, blah, blah…” spiel. Not gonna go there. I refuse to do that! The fact of the matter is, I weighed 3.5 pounds less this morning than I did 7 days ago. I will take it and be glad.

It gives me hope that this new eating plan truly will work for me. I’ve got to say, I love it. The only thing I’ve really missed is “something sweet” after a meal occasionally. And I have a terrific recipe for a sugar-free microwave flaxseed “chocolate torte” that my friend Vikki Ann on the Low Carb Forum at About.com created. It meets the criteria of my new eating plan perfectly – no flour and no sugar. Yet it’s wonderfully yummy in an ooey-gooey way. Okay, my mouth is watering…

Sorry, I got off track there for a minute. Anyhoo, my original thought was that I remain hopeful in my new eating plan. I really can do this. And I really will lose weight!

8 comments:

Vikki said...

Woooo HOOOOO! I'm so happy for you girl, heck I think I'm happier that your new eating plan is working for you than I was for me breaking my stall. Yippeee for both of us!

You know I need to make us some of those Tortes again. I made the chocolate peanut butter and even Cindy liked it.

3.5 is wonderful I'm so proud for you. And your right, it doesn't matter if it's fluid or not your still lighter than you were last week AND if it's fluid then your joints should feel better! I call that win win.
Doing my happy dance for you!

Patty said...

Thanks, sweetie! Too funny ... I was happier about your new low than I was about my 3.5. :-)

Still TSAB!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! it's a good beginning isn't it ?

Unknown said...

Thats wonderful, congratulations!!

Patty said...

Thanks so much, Helene. Yes, I do think it's a good beginning. Now if I can just keep the progress going...


Alex -- thank you! And thanks for following my blog! I've signed up to follow yours as well - maybe you'll inspire me to get out there and MOVE.

BTW, I still can't believe your hips were ever 44 inches! :-)

Rosie said...

Congratulations on your 3.5 loss... that is GREAT! Sooo... are you going to share that recipe of yours? :)

Anonymous said...

Patty,
WHOO HOO! You go girl!
I sure miss you!
Hugs,
G

Patty said...

Gracie, thank you girlfriend! I miss you too. I hope you're doing well.

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */