Sunday, November 16, 2008

On the menu for tomorrow: crockpot taco soup

So, I've got all the fixins for taco soup, and will be making a big pot of it in the crockpot tomorrow. My version is pretty the same as everyone else's (depending on what I have in the pantry), but here's what is going in the soup pot tomorrow:

1 lb. ground beef, browned (I'll cook this up tonight and pop into the frig)
1 large (29 oz.) can of tomatoes (I have diced on hand)
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans (you can use whatever kind of beans you like best)
1 can corn
1 small can green chilies
1 small jar diced pimentoes
1 package Ranch dressing mix
2-3 Tbsp. taco seasoning (you can use 1 packet of "store-bought" taco seasoning, but I bought it in bulk and just take out what I need)

Throw everything in the crockpot (don't drain any of the canned goods) and simmer on low for 4-6 hours (or all day, in my case ... since I'll be at work).

Easy-peasy, and oh so good on a cold November day...

4 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

HEY, HEY HEY!! (AS FAT Albert would say(LOL) I got me a crockpot out in the garage, and now I got me a recipe to put in it-----Taco Soup here we come---eeeeeehawwww!!!!

Patty said...

Sounds like you're all set, my friend. I hope you enjoy it! The recipe is very forgiving, so you can add or take away whatever...

Let me know how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds yummy! I should go dust off my crockpot!

Patty said...

Hey Sadekat,

We had it for dinner tonight, and it was really good!!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */