Thursday, August 7, 2008

A quick update


Wow, it's been a crazy couple of days. First of all, my sweet husband had his appointment at the gastroenterologist. He couldn't pinpoint a cause for his symptoms, so they have scheduled him for a colonoscopy next week. I just hope it sheds some light on what is going on, and that there is a simple solution.

Yesterday was a bad day... I woke up in the middle of Tuesday night -- about 2:30 or so -- and it was sweltering hot in our house. I checked the thermostat and it was 84 degrees! The AC fan was running, but it was blowing warm air. So at 7:00 a.m. I called an AC guy (actually two AC guys). The first one that called me back got the job. By the time he got it fixed (around noon) it was close to 90. Ugh!

He replaced the capacitor and 5 pounds of Freon. I think it's fixed, but it took forever to cool the house down. The humidity had seeped into the walls, the carpet, and even the furniture. When I went to bed last night at about 11:00 it was still 80 degrees. But in the night the house finally got cooled down and we woke up this morning to a nice, cool house.

Today has been rainy and a lot cooler, thank goodness. The heat wave was about to kill me! And we needed the rain so, so much.


2 comments:

Dani said...

OMG sister I hear ya. Our AC broke earlier this summer (also the capacitor) and we had no AC for 4 days with a 6 mo old. Not fun. not fun at all.

BTW found you throught Fuell my blog

Patty said...

Oh, Dani -- I can't even imagine surviving 4 days (and with a baby, at that)! I feel for you, girl. I hope it's all fixed and cool now.

Thanks for checking my blog out!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */