Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday night.....yes!


I love Friday nights. The weekend stretches out before you like a winding road, with passages to the right and to the left. Do I want to sleep in, or get up early and hit a few garage sales? Do I want to clean house in the morning and cook in the afternoon, or lie on the couch and read my book I'm totally engrossed in? Do I want to cook dinner and serve it on trays in the bedroom and watch a movie, or go out to eat?

Of course, that whole paragraph is sort of the "perfect world" scenario. Rarely do I have a weekend that stretches out so leisurely and is as full of choices as that. Very rarely. Usually, it's full of things I've GOT to do, because I just flat out did not get them done during the week...

Having said that, this weekend is not totally jam packed, praise be. I'd like to run a couple errands, but it won't be a catastrophe if I don't. I'd like to clean house, but life as we know it won't end if I don't scrub my toilet tomorrow.

The one thing that we are committed to is dinner tomorrow night. Steve and I are "small group leaders" in our Sunday School class. We have a large class, and it's a good way to allow folks sort of get to know each other in a smaller, more relaxed atmosphere. Anyway, we're meeting our group tomorrow night at "On The Border" Mexican Restaurant. I'm looking forward to a fun evening and some fajitas! :-)

2 comments:

Vikki said...

So, how was dinner? So far I haven't gotten any of the things I wanted to get to. But it's been a pretty good weekend just the same. But I can't wait until my Dr. appt. Wednesay.

Patty said...

Dinner was fun. But Steve had a bad night after, so we probably should have chosen a different restaurant, in hindsight. We chose that one because one couple said their family loved it...but then they ended up not even coming... ;-)

I gotta go in to work in a little while; my boss just called and asked me...

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */