Sunday, February 22, 2009

Where I am right now...

First, let me say thank you to all the people who expressed condolences in my mother’s passing. I appreciate them so much, and it has helped to know there are people who have held me in their thoughts and prayers.

It’s been a really dark and difficult time. The stress and grief seem to have sent my pain levels higher than I thought they could go. I have not been functioning very well at all – missing work, not taking calls, not really motivated to do much of anything and not hopeful that things would change. At the same time, I’ve been trying different measures to manage the pain – physical therapy, acupuncture, herbs and vitamins, along with continuing the fibromyalgia, anti-inflammatory, and pain meds.

Last week, my doctor put me on Cymbalta. It’s an anti-depressant that helps with pain, and it’s recently been approved for fibromyalgia. My pain is definitely at a lower level than it was a week ago, and for that I am very grateful. It’s amazing how much difference a little pain relief makes. Emotionally, I mean.

For the most part, I’m still not leaving the house except to go to work, and I’m still avoiding taking calls and dealing with people. But it’s okay. It’s what I need to do right now. I’m feeling a lot of anger and sadness all mixed together, and over a number of different situations in our lives right now. I hope that will change soon, but it’s where I am right now…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Patty. I've been wondering how you're doing. I'm so sorry you are in such pain, emotionally and physically, but glad the Cymbalta is helping a little. I will continue praying for you, my friend.

Vikki said...

I'm so glad you posted an update. I've been so worried about you. I understand how hard it is to deal with other people when you're not really sure how to deal with yourself. Add to that all the physical pain your having to deal with, and well your my hero just because you manage to get out of bed every morning. Take care of yourself girl, know you have friends that worry and care about you, that will still be here when your ready.
I miss you and I've got you in my prayers. I'm so thankful the cymbalta is giving you some relief. Hopefully it will get better from here.
Great big hugs,
Vikki

Rosie said...

I'm praying for you.

Ann said...

Patty,

I just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you lately. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this terrible time. Nehemiah 8:10 tells us, "....for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

Anonymous said...

Patty,
Thanks for the update. With all you are dealing with depression is a given. I'm glad the Cymbalta is helping. Prayers being said dear!
Hugs,
G

Vikki said...

So where are you right now????? I miss you girl. Let me hear from you.

great big hugs
Vikki

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */